Friday, June 23, 2006

Gardening is hard work - but it doesn't count for very many steps!
I had a day off to try and clear a patch for the young leek plants that arrived this week. The vegetable garden has disappeared under a healthy crop of weeds so it was down on my hands and knees, ripping up the verdant growth and consigning it to the compost heap. The earth is as hard as tarmac, and turns to dust when I stir it up. Must be a bit like the American prairies!
Every year I remove around 10 compost bags of stones, and every year they come back again. The phenomenon of Homing Stones is little understood and would be a good PhD project, if anyone is so inclined.
Anyway, back to the steps situation. Only 6609 today - a bit short of the target. I went into town in the afternoon and parked at the opposite end to where I wanted to be, so a bit of a walk there and back. I'm still feeling very tired and post-viral, so I don't feel too ashamed. It's the weekend tomorrow and I can catch up a bit then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home