Friday, June 30, 2006

It's been a real effort to get walking this week. I've been very busy at work - snatched lunch breaks and home late. However, yesterday I had a successful morning and celebrated by walking into town and buying 5 new teeshirts (the sales were on, honest!). That put my steps over the 10000 - hooray!
Today I went to Castle Gardens with my lunchbox clutched in my hand. For once, I had made sandwiches - some very nice organic ham and salad. Unfortunately, the bread had a few blue spots on it, so I dug down and found a couple of slices that looked OK. They tasted vile - I just hope the mould cures my chesty cough. The pigeons seemed to like it, though. Very amusing watching a male be cold-shouldered by a succession of females!
I was still a bit short on my target steps (8200 this week) so I strolled down to the Deeps (the nature reserve) in the evening, when it was a bit cooler. The Clustered Bellflower is just coming into flower - should make a delightful picture if the Dyers Greenweed lasts. I ended up with 11983 steps - pretty good for a working day.
I've just finished reading Wild Seed by Octavia Butler. She's an excellent but little known writer who has very strong female characters, often in alternate history-type settings.
I think it's going to be too hot for much walking at the weekend. Oh well!
I am concerned about whether I am going to be able to achieve much walking over the winter - it's hard enough in the summer and the long evenings. Do I need one of those treadmill things?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home