Saturday, August 12, 2006

British Wildlife Nature and the Environment

I found a website, Wild about Britain, that looks as if it will be really useful for identifying wildlife that I see on my walks. There are hundreds of photos submitted by members and an active forum, plus a lot of information. Should be enough to keep me busy for a while! One of the forum sections is about walking. It's one of those sites that is built up by contributions from members, like a Wiki, and you can edit entries if you have something to add. They want people to submit Wild Places at the moment.
My walking is pretty poor at the moment. I have reduced my target steps to 8100, as I couldn't achieve the 11300 that was set for me by Fitbug. I've managed it 4 days out of 7, but still something to aim for! It's difficult when I've only got time for a quick lunch break and it's starting to get dark when I get home from work. I need a different strategy! It's rained all weekend, which hasn't helped. Oh well, the new week starts here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home